The main objective with DEE is to achieve a better and more effective process with a higher thermal efficiency and lower emissions than the today existing technology.
The term “process” used here refers to the whole exchange of gas and thermo-dynamical changes in the gas from entering the engine until it leaves as exhaust.
Well known from the four-stroke otto-process which has the following:
· Suction of air or air/fuel mixture with downward movement of the piston.
· Compression in the cylinder during upward movement of the piston.
· Ignition and combustion with downward movement of the piston.
· Exhausting during upward movement of the piston.
The working principles
Patentec AS has patented an entirely new basic construction for the piston engine, in which only reciprocating and rotating components are used, – there are no combinations of movements such as the piston rod as in all conventional internal combustion engines. The DEE VCR design offers several features:
· Double expansion of exhaust, which lowers fuel consumption by increasing the engine thermal efficiency and its output power.
· High overcharging achieved by built in expander and driving a built-in compressor.
· “Dynamic” Variable Compression Ratio control (8:1 to 18:1) reduces fuel consumption considerably, and is dynamically adjusted depending on driving conditions at the time- so reducing CO2 and NOx emissions.
· Twin Fixed Vector Movement providing 100% dynamic balance of the main moving parts and provides a vibration free engine.
· Small size and low weight. High Power: Weight ratio.
Patentec`s Double Expansion Engine / Variable Compression Ratio (DEE|VCR) is unique when compared to current conventional Internal Combustion Engines technologies, because
· DEE|VCR Recirculates exhaust gas to provide over 20% more energy that is normally lost. This, normally lost energy, is sent directly to the crankshaft.
· DEE|VCR’s Twin Fixed Vector Movement crankshaft (TFVM) and slide way assemblies provide perfectly balanced and low noise engine.
· DEE|VCR has a unique dynamic Variable Compression Ratio (VCR) and is dynamically adjusted during operation of the engine. This feature optimize the compustion on all RPM`s with better fuel economy and lowered CO2 and NOx emissions.
· DEE|VCR has a unique Dynamic Adjustable Camshaft (DAC) which is controlled by a worm gear driven directly off crankshaft which opens and closes exhaust valve from Auxiliary Cylinder (this reduces emissions in Towns & Cities).
· DEE|VCR returns a thermal efficiency on unleaded petrol/ gasoline near to that of diesel engines. Therefore, reducing fuel consumption by approximately 30% when compared to conventional unleaded/gasoline internal combustion engines.
· DEE|VCR has no turbocharger, as DEE’s unique Auxiliary cylinders provides the necessary boost and consequently requires no intercooler.
· DEE|VCR engine is easy adaptable to different fuel types.
What DEE (Double Expansion Engine) does:
· Re-expansion of exhaust gases to recover lost energy and reducing carbon footprint.
· No need for turbo charging due to its unique 4 auxiliary expansion cylinders… (The effects of a turbocharger is built in, and remaining energy from the exhaust gases transferred to the engine shaft)
· Variable Compression Ratio (DCR) 8:1 to 18:1,- simple design with very few parts involved. (Auto/electronically adjusted to City driving conditions and long distance).
· Unique piston to crankshaft assembly called Twin Fixed Vector Movement (TFVM )- providing 100% balance on inertia forces.
· A dimensionally small engine combined with low noise, low fuel consumption, vibration free with a High Power/Weight Ratio) and scalable. Currently 0.116m³ 816 mm x 405 mm x 351 mm.